Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Food News!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

I want to announce the opening of a new pizza joint in Greenpoint called Paulie Gee's, (60 Greenpoint Avenue, between Franklin and West Streets (in the former Paloma space), 347-987-3747), part-owned by fellow blogger Morta di Fame. They plan to make Rooftop Pizza from produce grown at nearby Rooftop Farms - how awesome is that!? I can't wait to try it out! (Photo courtesy of J. Galatioto)



Also, it's Dine in Brooklyn again! Over 175 restaurants are participating this year, offering $25 pre-fixe dinners ($20.10 for lunch). Zenkichi is just one of the participating places, recently named one of the Top 50 Most Romantic Places in the US! Click here for a list of all the restaurants involved, and make sure you make reservations, as this is quite the popular event. It's on from March 15th to March 25th!

Little Skips (941 Willoughby Avenue, near Charles Place, 718-484-0980) is a fairly new Coffee House/Art Gallery in Bushwick serving pastries, muffins, quiche and expanding to providing more treats in the near future. Free Wifi and an Art Raffle on March 31st (tickets are only $5!). Check 'em out and support local artists.

AND...I have 96 followers so far. Who's going to take me to 100???

2 comments:

Jennifer Galatioto said...

so jealous of your followers number!!! i can't wait for you to review paulie gees!

Ron said...

I tried this pizza. I'm italian and i can say that these pizza are amazing. I went in Brooklyn for a Brooklyn New York tours and by chance i went in this place. However very good site. I add it in my bookmarks.