Friday, February 19, 2010

More Ice Cream from Blue Marble

Yay for me and all the other folk who live in Cobble Hill & Carroll Gardens. Blue Marble (196 Court St., between Congress and Warren St., 718-858-0408) opened up a third shop in the spot formerly occupied by Tasty D-Lite. AND they have Soft Serve, my favorite way to eat ice cream in the summer. I had to get over there right away to sample some of the new stuff. I ordered a Mini Twist (of Chocolate & Vanilla) on a sugar cone and while $2.90 might be a bit pricey, the ingredients are high quality and local whenever possible, the shop's owners are committed to being as green and it's an independent business as opposed to a soul-less chain. PLUS they are pairing up with Bpeace, an awesome organization that helps women in countries ravaged by war & conflict open up businesses of their own, to set up a shop in Rwanda. I'd rather spend the extra buck knowing it's going to good use.



Look how cute that is!!! It was good too. You can get it with Nunu Chocolate nibs as a topping but I chose simple for my first taste. The chocolate had more flavor than the vanilla, and they were smoother than I prefer soft serve. I like it best when it's more frozen and granulated, and I still prefer their plain frozen yogurt, but come summer, this will be perfect!

7 comments:

Nomi Lubin said...

Oh, yum. I read about them opening. I love ice cream and soft ice cream and have always wanted soft ice cream that was better quality. Can't wait to go. Have looked at that empty Tasti D-Lite too many times . . .

Anonymous said...

On Court Street?
Also to note the co owner is the actress Jenny Dundas. Points if you can name the 3 films she did as a child. What a talented teen she was.

Eat It Brooklyn said...

YES! Court St.! As for the acting chops of the co-owner, I had no idea!

Nomi Lubin said...

Made it here last night. Nice. Definitely rich for soft ice cream. A little too sweet for me, though.

Ice Cream Factory still my pinnacle . . .

Eat It Brooklyn said...

Yes Nomi, Ice Cream Factory is the bomb, but do they have soft serve??

Marble Countertops said...

I really want's to bite it...:)

Nomi Lubin said...

Nope, no soft serve at The Ice Cream Factory, true.