Friday, July 24, 2009

Pizza at Fascati Pizza

It is only when I'm traveling that I realize how wonderful it is to live in a city where you are never too far from a slice of pizza. It's the best thing to tide you over until the next mealtime, and I find that while there are really good places, even a mediocre slice is good enough for a snack (unless the sauce is on the sweet side, that I cannot accept). The pizza at Fascati Pizza (80 Henry Street, between Pineapple & Orange Streets, 718-237-1278) is certainly better than mediocre though, with savory sauce, plentiful cheese and toppings, and about 8 guys behind the counter, so you'll never have to wait long to place your order.

I stopped in recently for a mid-afternoon bite and walked away with the biggest pepperoni slice I've ever seen, crammed with thick slices of the spicy meat. When the slices cook, they curl up and end up being little bowls full of oil. Nothing a few paper napkins can't fix!



The cheese slice was great too, with plenty of melted, gooey cheese, on a perfectly crunchy crust. I like my pizza with a few shakes of garlic powder, oregano and red pepper...mmmm, delicious!

I know people are really picky and opinionated about their pizza. How does Fascati Pizza rate readers?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you like pizza! I really enjoyed reading your post. Come visit my blog some time or (blogroll us if you like).

JO said...

I think fascati's is great. Pretty unique stuff.
It's cool when you see all these men behind the counter of a pizzeria. It means they are serious about food.

Anonymous said...

It's good pizza parlor pizza. Fresh slices coming out all day. I love that they have the window up front to sell slices to people walking down the street. It's old neighborhood Brooklyn at it's best... very hard to find a place like this in Manhattan anymore.

Anonymous said...

PS, i love you blog!

Eat It Brooklyn said...

Thanks Anonymous!