Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tasty Sandwiches from Ted & Honey

I wrote about Ted and Honey here a few weeks ago when I wrote about a delicious cookie I had from there. I went back to have lunch the other day and got to sit outside, where they've set up a few tables and chairs, to enjoy my sandwich, and bask in the beautiful weather while taking in the sights and sounds of busy Clinton St.



This is a BLAT - Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado and Tomato on Ciabatta bread (you get 6 or 7 bread options to choose from). It came with a small side salad with big homemade-seeming croutons and a vinaigrette dressing. It was so good. The terrifically smoky, salty bacon comes from a local farm and is organic and the addition of avocado really made it special. The tomatoes were ripe and juicy and there was a perfect amount of mayo. It was a seriously good sandwich. Ted & Honey (264 Clinton at Verandah Pl., 718-852-2212).

***UPDATE - 10/4/08***
I went back to Ted & Honey the other day and had a sort of bizarre experience. The service was SO slow and so weird. My sandwich was placed in a bag without any wrapping to keep it together. My friends and I were treated almost like a burden. It was enough to make me think twice about going back.

No comments: