Friday, September 19, 2008

The Good Fork - Dessert

Part Three of The Good Fork: Dessert

Everything we got in the way of sweets at The Good Fork was just divine. My sister ordered the Warm Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce. It was molten in the middle and cakey on the outside and so chocolately we ended up ordering a second one because everyone wanted some. The sauce was a nice, tart addition to the sweetness of the chocolate.



I ordered the Warm Chocolate Bread Pudding. I think I exclaimed out loud every time I took a bite. It was SO good. So warm and dense and comforting. Really, it was perfect.



My step-father ordered Steve's Key Lime Pie direct from Red Hook itself. Steve is famous for these pies and for good reason. They are a perfectly balance of tart and sweet with a lovely citrus overtone. The crust is a lightly sweetened crumbly mixture, just moist enough that it holds together. YUM!



My grandfather ordered the Goat Cheese Panna Cotta which was delightfully rich yet light at the same time. It had a delicate consistency and was really good. It was all beige and white however, and the photograph does not do it justice. You'll just have to go there and see it for yourself!

No comments: