Friday, July 18, 2008

Sushi To Go

Koto Sushi, at 552 Henry Street on the corner of Carroll Street (www.kotosushi.com, (718) 222-8055) on the corner of Henry St. and Carroll St., is my new favorite Sushi restaurant. At first I thought it was a weird location for a sushi place, being in the heart of still-old-Italian Carroll Gardens, but it won me over. For the first few weeks they were giving away Sake to celebrate their opening and getting their liquor license. What's not to love?

The food was great, and came super-fast, too. Fresh, tasty and beautifully presented. Spicy Yellowtail Maki, soft-shell crab Dragon Rolls, and appetizers that were creative, yet balanced, such as the Seared Tuna with Ponzu Sauce. They have special fish listed daily as well. We've tried the special Tuna and Agi (which is a kind of Mackeral) and both were amazing. The special Giant Clam was not my thing, tasting really salty and fishy.

They also prepare steak at Koto, but I haven't tried that. I'm trying to stick to my sort-of New Year's Resolution to eat only well-raised, grass-fed, organic meat, and I don't think the steak at Koto is.

I'll soon create a list of restaurants in Brooklyn that do serve well-raised and local meat, so be on the lookout!

No comments: